Friday, January 9, 2015

Introduction to Arizona



What should we know about Arizona, Mom?
(I'm glad you asked...)




Arizona is in the Southwestern United States between California and New Mexico. 

Tucson is an hour drive north of the Mexico border, only 6 hours from San Diego and only 7 from Los Angeles (but no, I won't go to Disneyland without you). 


Can you find Tucson? I'm staying right by Ironwood Forest National Monument 
and Saguaro National Park... 








Here's a link to the 15 most amazing Arizona sites(according to somebody...)



and a map of the National Monuments -->






—unfortunately most are too far away for me. 



Aside from the two nearest me, you can see at best I might get to the Colossal Cave, which has bats!








I wish I had time to get to the Grand Canyon... 
Wow.





and Lake Havasu... (Ooo, ahhh...) 


Weird fact: the original London Bridge was moved to Lake Havasu for some reason. 



but they are each 5 hours away!









And this place. Whaaaaaaaat??????






This looks like the place the two bear cubs fell asleep in that Amerindian tale picture book you have, doesn't it? I'll bet it is... 










That picture above is at Canyon de Chelly, which also features cliff dwellings (below) that I'm sure were the inspiration for the canyon town in the first Expeditioners book. 
Don't you think so too?

Man, that was such a good book...









No comments:

Post a Comment