Friday, January 9, 2015

Dispatches from a Desert Isle, Day 4

Day 4

At last I have caught a glimpse of the Dread Captain Saucy Cutlip, and I live to tell the tale! She manifested in human shape, as a handsome Piratrix of some age and wisdom. I stumbled upon her by accident as she slinked away to seek the healing herbs of the desert, or so she said. Are these herbs what help her keep her human form? or regain it? Certainly she appeared skittish of me and seem to have something to hide. Startled, she thanked me again for my help obtaining food the previous day but scuttled away and for the remainder of the day declined further nourishment. Oddly, I found myself rather disappointed that the eggs and quesadillas topped with salsa and avocado would be appreciated only by myself....





The day dawned cool and rainy, so I remained in at doors until I ventured out in the evening to visit the crew, who are fast becoming friends to me. 




They told me tales of monsoons coming over the region in the summertime, with lightning unrivaled in any of the far flung Americas, and I was glad of such a light drizzle for the day and dearly hope I will be back among my loved ones before I face such a fearsome storm.





Tomorrow I hear more dampness is expected, and I will attempt a longer missive, with more information on the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment