Monday, January 19, 2015

A Brief Digression: Hallowe'en Costume Ideas

You both look so different when you put your hands to your face!










My boychik, like I said, you look just like Kevin from Home Alone. Did you know this look was inspired by the famous painting?
















whereas, my doppelgänger daughter, you really do a good impersonation of the original, The Scream (the original Norwegian name is Skrik, which means Shriek), which would be an epically great Hallowe'en costume. There are four versions of it (two made with pastels, and two painted), so you could even choose your color palette.








There's also a sort of interesting video of teenagers thinking about this picture (and a few of his others) here:





ANYway, if you went as the Scream, then boychik could go as either the artist, Edvard Munch, or another famous artwork that everyone would recognize. 







A good match for that painting would be Vincent van Gogh with his ear bandaged. There are several, but I like this one the best. Handsome guy, don't you think?











(Edvard Munch was an EXpressionist, and Vincent van Gogh was in IMpressionist, so that's kind of cool too.)

By October, I'm sure you will have had 1000 other costume ideas, but just in case... I'm just keeping these here to remind us. Speaking of which, Dear Daughter, you said you're thinking about going as a boxtroll, so I thought I'd ask you which one? 


...or would you make up a new one of your own?


And to close... a blast from the past.

Ceci n'est pas un cri.


No comments:

Post a Comment